Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Malawi blog

Hey people,

I've decided to change the focus of this journal to my Malawi adventure. Mostly because I wasn't using it much for its original purpose of scattered things.

I still don't know when I'm going to be leaving for Malawi. I found out today that the local review board approved our study, and my advisor wants to wait until the Hopkins board gives final approval before I book my flight. Currently it looks like I'll probably be in Malawi from late March to late June. This bums me out a little because it cuts into summer, but I need as much research time as I can get. I'll also be missing my 5th year college reunion and Commencement, but such is the life of a jetsetting international researcher.

Anyway, later on I'll write more about how absolutely not jetsetting/international I really am, what I'll be doing in Malawi, and how I need housing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, blog!

Tell them you want to leave on April 8. ;)

A said...

I'm hoping for March 20, but at the rate things are going, it might just be that much later!

I did actually fish the invite out of my filing cabinet the other day to see when the big day was, just in case.