Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Assistant Professor

So, it's official! I have a job! Coming May 12...

Alisha H. Creel, (almost PhD)
Assistant Professor
Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences

Course: Social and Behavioral Aspects of Public Health (pre-fall, July 7-August 13).

Basically it's hard salary, federal benefits, one class, 3 years of startup research money plus a postdoc/RA, and really great colleagues.

Overall, the job search turned out great! I uncovered a real diamond with this job (had no idea how great the place was before I found out more about it during my phone screen). My luck never ceases to amaze me -- I end up in great places, far beyond my own work to get there.

In dissertation news, I promised the full draft to my advisor on Friday, and it looks pretty likely to happen. If I have time to get my tire fixed (idiotically popped it on a curb), we'll probably escape to NJ for some vacay. My excel spreadsheet is pointing to the second week in June as a strong possibility for a defense date, so let's hope that pans out.

No comments: