Friday, June 20, 2008

Submitted!

I ran around like a crazy person today trying to get my dissertation submitted. First I had to make some last-minute updates to the Table of Contents (utilizing the This Page Left Unintentionally Blank technique for a figure I removed so I wouldn't have to get copyright permission for it). Then I had to find acid-free paper. The campus bookstore had two sad little 100-page packs (good for one manuscript, but I needed two on acid-free), but they kindly directed me to printing services on the outskirts of campus. Paper secured I printed one copy and took it to the library, where it was deemed okay by the very nice woman in the binding office.

I came home to print the other three copies, with time running short on the 4pm deadline to get it in to the registrar. So, of course, right at the beginning of the last on the toner started going on the printer. I zoomed to Staples and back, printed the last copy, and jetted over to school, raging at traffic. But I got to the office at a quarter to four... and they asked if I could come back Monday, because the grad records person wasn't in. Which I knew, but I figured I could still drop it off. The other woman at the desk said, oh, write the check and we'll just put it on her desk and she'll send you a receipt later. Yay!

I went to the department to turn in a bunch of receipts and stuff. It was sort of sad because I won't be seeing people as often.

Then I got ice cream! Good thing they got an ice cream cart at school after I leave! I don't need it!

No comments: