Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chrome!

Holy hell is Google Chrome so much better than the ancient broken version of IE that is installed on my work computer!  It's probably also better than the newer version that ought to be on here.  I'm just glad it installed without the need for admin privs... I'm just going to assume I'm not breaking any regs by using a more secure browser.  Seriously, though, try it out if you haven't already.  It's so fast.

I'm still working on this damn paper.  Instead of writing, which is what I thought I'd be doing today, I fired up SPSS to check some things in the analysis.  Oh, there are so many things in the analysis that bother me, now that I actually look at it.  I'm going to try to tidy some things, but I don't think the analysis will change substantially.  SPSS is extremely easy to use, but there are some places where I'm looking for functionality that exists in Stata and I'm not finding it.  It may be that I just don't know what I'm doing, but it's also likely that SPSS is just not super sophisticated.

I'm glad I'm going over the paper with a fine-toothed comb, however... there are some clear wtf moments that I think reviewers might notice.

This week is going by a little too slowly for my tastes.  I really can't wait to get out of town.

No comments: