Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday at home

My pumpkin is sick. He thought he was having a case of nerves yesterday, but his interpretation of a fluttery stomach and weak knees changed when chills entered the picture. He managed to eat a few things today, as his knotted stomach loosens a bit.

I had a slight fever yesterday afternoon, but nothing has come of it so far. Who knows how long he was subclinical before all hell broke loose, however, so I won't feel in the clear until a few days go by. I opted to work from home, out of a desire to be able to pet him on the head and feed him applesauce, but also because of anxiety that I would suddenly want to die and have to take the bus home (I guess I could have driven today... not that driving and feeling like hell is so much better). I even had a dream that I was on my way to work on the J1 and started to feel crappy.

Better to work from home. It loosens things up. The only thing I really have available to work on happens to be the only thing I really ought to be working on, that I have been productively procrastinating for a while. At home, things feel more relaxed, which helps me overcome the anxious perfectionism I've been having about this paperwork, the human subjects forms for the study I want to do. I haven't worked out all the details, so every time I would go to fill out something, I would be paralyzed by all the things I don't know. In my big poofy sweatshirt at home, I feel free to put whatever crap I have in mind in the field, knowing I can come back to it later.

No comments: