Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday!

I'm not being very productive at the moment... I finished my IRB stuff (which I've done before over the years, but every school makes you do it again), and then I've been poking at ICA logisitics, answering emails, etc. I'm feeling bummed because I think my dissertation-based paper didn't get accepted to NCA -- I heard about a panel I'd forgotten I was sort of on (my advisor is the presenter) last night but haven't received any word on my own paper. Depressing. I thought it was much better than either paper I'm presenting at ICA -- the measures are better, it's a friggin experimental design for gods' sake! Maybe I'm just sourpussing too soon and I'll hear this weekend.

I'm also grumpy because neither my advisor nor my boyfriend are emailing me back today. It's cold and boring in here, and I need email to get through! I stayed up past my bedtime last night at TV Night, so I'm real tired.

The commute remains bad. Yesterday I tried alternate routes, which were new and fun, but no faster. Good options to break up boredom. Today I got here and the parking garage was full, so I had to go park by the Navy Lodge. I can't wait to move.

No comments: