Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bureaucracy

I need a computer that is not only way more functional than this clunker on my desk but that is also filled with delicious statistical software, so I can, like, do stuff. Research office folks say that comes from finance; department chair says it comes out of my startup funds, which research office is currently holding in an unknowable status.

I'm determined to push this paperwork through the system! I finished it a long time ago!

In other news, my office still has no ceilings, but I've started to be able to tune out much of the surrounding office chatter. It remains absolutely freezing, however. I hope today's faculty meeting is in a warmer room. I'm going to have to bring my new electric blanket into work.

I got my blood drawn Tuesday for a variety of tests, and all was normal except that I have high total cholesterol. Five years ago when I was participating in the diet study, I had totally low cholesterol. It's gone up like 70 points! Then again, I am a lot fatter. But I've lost weight since I started incorporating like 3 miles of walking into my commute, right? False. I'm not eating any more than I was, as far as I can tell. It's bs.

I just found out today that the Prez might possibly maybe give us feds the day after Christmas off. This would help a lot in my pusuit of 2 weeks away from the office with only 4 accrued vacation days. I'm excited to go to the Jerz for Thanksgiving next week, despite my disbelief that it's already next week!

This just in: As of tonight, all USB storage devices aren't going to work on any of our computers. Awkward. I don't know why DOD cna't put us on our own network so we can act like a University.

No comments: