Monday, April 23, 2007

Iron stomach

I had a salad last week for lunch (more like cole slaw without mayo... I added Nali, and it was okay), so my advisor asked me today if it was okay. I'd forgotten salad is one of those things to be wary of in developing countries, I guess because you can't do much to get bad things off of salad parts. I was like, nah, salad was fine. And then I told him I'd been drinking the tap water here too. He said my name in a scolding way. I told him it's totally chlorinated and it's *fine*. It's treated water; in the village I'd be way more careful. Maybe I just have low perceived risk because nothing bad has happened, but I think I'm not that sensitive to changes in water.

I made the rest of those phone calls and managed to schedule all but one group. Rock star!

No comments: