Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, Canada

The Dukes played in the Pacific Coast League, which, at the time, also featured teams from Edmonton and Calgary (and maybe Vancouver? says Wikipedia). As regular attenders of Duke's games in the late 1980s and 1990s, we regularly got to hear "Oh Canada" along with the US national anthem. To this day, I kind of enjoy busting it out, as it is both nostalgic and eminently more singable than our anthem.

I was hoping to catch the men's hockey final, but I promised Joe I would do the grocery shopping as he was overwhelmed with other stuff, like getting a birthday present for moi and cleaning the awful bathroom and writing a grant. I decided to go to Trader Joe's, which was a huge mistake, partly because it was so insane like everything around here, but also because they had neither appropriate linguine nor basil, making tonight's pesto dinner kind of impossible. So I also had to go to the supermarket. And I had gone to CVS beforehand to get toothpaste, because I thought that plus TJ's would be enough stops. But I could have gotten all the stuff I got there at the supermarket.

Everything is way too difficult around here. There are too many people for not enough good things.

No comments: