Saturday, March 03, 2007

Change of plans

So yesterday I met with my advisor. I told him about this new dissertation funding that CDC/NIH just announced, and then we looked at my budget and timeline for my project and decided it was really tight. He suggested that I go for two months instead of three and do the quantitative studies, and then I'll apply for this dissertation funding to do the qualitative studies and go back sometime later, like maybe before or after rainy season.

This is really great, because that means I would be back in time for Commencement and my 5th reunion, and all of summer. Two months is also much saner than three. So now I just need to check in with the whole study team and see what they think. If they're willing to pony up the extra money, then I may still go for 3 months, but I kind of doubt they will. I think I have a good shot at getting this additional funding, which means I can do a really good job with the qualitative stuff.

No comments: