Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Flights booked!

My flight is booked! I will head to Atlanta on Saturday, April 7th for G's wedding, and then I will leave there Easter Sunday for Malawi. I will arrive there on Tuesday. I'll be back June 12!

People can contact me on Skype when I'm on the internet. My username is same as always.

If you want a postcard, email me with your address.

In other news, it appears I have housing settled. If something cheaper doesn't crop up, it looks like I'll be staying at the Area 11 Villa in Capital City. Lilongwe has two major areas, Capital City and Old Town. Capital City is where the embassies and government buildings are. Old Town has more stores and the bus station and stuff like that. They are separated by a nature sanctuary; it has hyenas. Lilongwe is split into Areas, and they are numbered by age; so Area 1 is the oldest, Area 2 the next oldest, etc.

Lilongwe is apparently kind of dull, but I think it will be a good place to settle in. It has stores and a post office and internet. I can get adjusted there before wandering too far.

No comments: